Timaru Lighthouse, also known as Blackett’s Lighthouse, is a former lighthouse now heritage site at the Benvenue Cliffs.
The wooden lighthouse was designed by John Blackett and was the main harbour navigation from 1878 to 1970. It is a three storey Kauri timbered lighthouse. The lighthouse tower stands at 30 feet protected by a 5 foot dome.
The lighthouse was originally lit by kerosene. This was replaced by gas in 1890 and by electric light in 1920.
In 1980 the Timaru Harbour Board moved the tower from its original position at No. 7 The Terrace to a site in Maori Park.
In 2010 it was relocated again to its current site close to the edge of the Benvenue Cliffs overlooking the sea. It is near the Caroline Bay Aquatic Centre and the pedestrian rail overbridge.