St. Paul’s Cathedral is the Church of North India of Anglican faith in Kolkata.
The cathedral was built to replace St. John’s Church, which was becoming too small for Kolkata’s growing congregation. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Daniel Wilson in 1839. The church was completed and consecrated in 1847.
The church was refurbished following an earthquake in 1887. An earthquake in 1934 destroyed the original spire. The tower was rebuilt in the style of the central Bell Harry tower of Canterbury Cathedral in Kent, England.
St. Paul’s is located at 1A, Cathedral Road, Kolkata.