The Trevor Griffiths Rose Garden is a public rose garden in Caroline Bay, Timaru.
The garden was established in 2001 to honour Trevor Griffiths (1927-2010), a local rosarian, who specialised in growing and writing about old roses. Griffiiths published eight books on roses and had a rose named after him by English rosarian David Austin.
Christchurch architect Sir Miles Warren designed the garden, which contains a series of geometric beds radiating from the central pergola. This can be best seen from the piazza above.
The World Federation of Rose Societies recognised the garden as a Garden of Excellence. It has also been named a Garden of National Significance by the New Zealand Gardens Trust.
The garden contains more than 1200 roses. The best time to visit is late November to early December when the rose season is at its peak. Timaru’s annual Festival of Roses is also held around this time.
The Trevor Griffiths Rose Garden is located in Caroline Bay, adjacent to the piazza.